: Director, Technology Infrastructure & Desktop Services
: $130,000 - $160,000 a year
: Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Vice President of Information Technology
: The Director, Technology Infrastructure & Desktop Services provides hands-on overall direction and guidance to ensure the efficient and reliable operation of the ASHP’s on premise and cloud based infrastructure, including networks,
servers, databases, and equipment. Directs the Information Technology (IT) staff responsible for monitoring and diagnosing platform, network, and hardware problems as well as those providing Desktop Services customer support. The Director will also work closely
with the staff and decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. Working closely with various IT functions, the Director will ensure successful transition
and sustained operations of all new infrastructures into the production environment. The Director will also lead ASHP’s continuing migration to cloud services.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommends and executes group work goals, objectives and strategies. Champions and monitors the annual goals for the group.
- Recommends and executes corporate and/or operating policies, practices and procedures for the group. Administers established operating policies, procedures, and practices to help ensure compliance within the group.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual operating budget for the group. Monitors and controls actual performance against the annual budget for the group.
- Recommends staffing levels and an organizational structure for the group. Recommends personnel actions affecting subordinate employees within the group. Assists in career planning and staff development for all group employees. Responsible for setting employee
performance objectives, conducting performance reviews and recommending pay actions for direct reports.
- Directs the operation and maintenance of ASHP’s network related infrastructure including cabling, switches, routers,
servers, network storage, backups and peripheral equipment, VoIP telephone system, as well as associated voice mail
and call center servers/software. Assists in the selection and replacement planning of outdated technology throughout the organization. Ensures the availability and security of ASHP’s IT infrastructure. Manages the roll-out of desktop and laptop upgrades.
- Directs the operation and maintenance of ASHP’s software systems including image creation and backups, software
patches and upgrades, and evaluation of new software, which is outside of the established base image.
- Plans and implements technical training programs for staff. Ensures that staff receives the proper training for existing technology as well for new technology that is about to be introduced.
- Develops, vets and executes ASHP’s infrastructure roadmap.
- Manages the Help Desk staff to ensure that technology issues/problems are documented and addressed in a timely and efficient manner. Ensures that continuity exists between technical problems reported to the Help Desk and technical training being provided
- Assists the CIO in the creation and management of both the core budget related to the areas of responsibility and the
program development budget as it relates to the implementation of new technology.
- Manages special projects, including vendors that are brought in to augment existing IT staff skills. Oversees the
preparation of IT assets supporting ASHP national meetings. Coordinates IT, data and voice service requirements with providers at the selected sites. Coordinates with other IT Directors to provide support for projects that require resources from LAN, Trainer
or Help Desk staff.
- Periodically serves as an on-call IT director and manages the on-call team after hours and on weekends.
- Directly supervises Network Engineers and the Help Desk Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four year degree required, Information Systems, Business or Computer Science preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Microsoft Certifications strongly preferred.
- Project Management Certification preferred.
- Five+ years’ experience in the management of a Microsoft based LAN environment that includes both attached and unattached network storage, VoIP and a fiber backbone.
- Three+ years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing enterprise migration to cloud services.
- Five+ years’ general experience with Cisco networks and VolP phone systems.
- Five+ years’ experience in the evaluation and assessment of new technologies.
- Three+ years’ Service Desk management experience.
- Three+ years’ experience supporting a remote workforce.
- Experience with planning and developing a cost effective and efficient Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity posture.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Relationship management / customer service skills.
- Hands-on management style.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to manage / direct staff.
- Vendor / contract management skills.
- Remote staff support.
- Microsoft Server administration skills (general).
- Microsoft desktop operating systems administration and security.
- Cisco networking and security.
- IT infrastructure integration (e.g., servers, SAN, networking, firewall).
- Hybrid (on premise and cloud based) environment development and support.
- Cloud migration.
ASHP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, genetic status, pregnancy, parenthood, political affiliation, veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.