Job Title: Director, Medication Safety and Quality
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Office of Practice Advancement
Job Summary: Advances pharmacy practice through work on quality, patient safety, therapeutics and public health initiatives. Serves as a liaison to key stakeholder organizations, advocating for ASHP Best Practices. Serves as an information
resource and provides guidance to ASHP members, staff and others.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommends and implements policies and guidelines to carry out work goals and objectives.
- Interacts with others to establish/build partnerships and/or improve member/customer relationships.
- Serves as an information resource and provides guidance to ASHP members, staff and others.
- Serves as liaison to other national organizations with focus on health care quality issues, advocating ASHP positions and promoting Best Practices.
- Serves as an external spokesperson and advocate for the adoption and implementation of ASHP policies. Interacts with news media to provide perspective on issues of importance to ASHP and its members.
- Leads or assists with the development of in-depth comments on proposed standards, regulations and other proposals by external groups (including government) that may influence the practice of pharmacy in hospitals and health-systems.
- Collaborates with ASHP Sections, Educational Services, and Accreditation Services seeking opportunities to coordinate needs of practitioners with practice development.
- Travels to select meetings of other organizations to represent ASHP and establish and sustain synergistic relationships. Develops and makes speaking presentations as assigned.
- Writes manuscripts for publication, major reports, committee minutes and other communications as assigned.
- Champions, leads and assists with various ASHP efforts including outreach to external quality, safety and standards groups.
- Conducts environmental scans and analyses of literature and outside efforts and provides advice regarding opportunities for ASHP that are in alignment with ASHP’s mission and strategic plan.
- Interfaces with and supports ASHP priorities in government affairs and public relations.
- Participates in the policy development process.
- Serves as staff coordinator of other committees as assigned (including member committees and advisory groups); participates as a member of selected staff committees as assigned.
- Monitors and ensures an effective interface of the division with other staff and divisions.
- Provides leadership and direction in creating opportunities for member involvement and input to ASHP’s activities related to the functions supervised.
- Seeks external grants and other funding opportunities that result in ASHP initiatives that support quality and safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of a pharmacy degree and license to practice pharmacy.
- Advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited residency is strongly desired.
- Requires a minimum of seven years of prior related work experience.
- Previous association staff experience or voluntary leadership service in associations is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare safety and quality.
- Strong understanding of pharmacy practice in hospitals and health systems.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer applications and function specific applications, along with familiarity with accessing resources on the web and other sources.
ASHP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, genetic status, pregnancy, parenthood, political affiliation, veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.