: Social Media Strategist
: Director, Communications Division
ASHP (American Society of Health-System Pharmacists), a national professional membership organization, is looking for a Social Media Strategist with exceptional project management and writing skills. The right candidate is a skillful and creative social media
expert with deep insights into social media trends and best practices. The Social Media Strategist handles a variety of communications projects and is responsible for enhancing storytelling efforts, leveraging metrics to measure the impact of social media,
and helping improve ASHP's digital infrastructure. This position interacts with followers, members, staff, and the media and is part of a fun and energetic Communications team. Web and design experience are preferred. We offer a very competitive benefits
: Is accountable for carrying out assigned ASHP social media day-to-day content creation, posting, and strategic projects. Recommends and/or selects the most effective methods and/or protocols to use in the delivery of ASHP social
media projects. Implements social media policies and procedures. Contributes to improving and enhancing procedures and/or deliverables.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages, cultivates, and tracks ASHP’s social media programs, including integrated social network, third-party social media tools, blogs, and other emerging social communication platforms. Provides oversight and administration for ASHP’s integrated social
networking platform, ASHP Connect, as well as ASHP’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and other relevant social media platforms. Advocates for ASHP in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Determines work priorities, policies, and operating procedures. Interacts with others to advise on and/or facilitate the execution of ASHP’s programmatic and/or operational initiatives.
- Creates and implements a comprehensive annual strategic social media plan, including social media strategies and promotions to increase brand awareness and generate inbound traffic. Manages an editorial calendar in tandem with a full suite of digital marketing
channels for membership, product, meeting, and advocacy content streams.
- Engages in social listening and analytics tracking and analysis to inform work. Establishes goals and metrics, evaluates and recommends tools and resources to support social media engagement and execution. Extends ASHP’s brand, enhances member engagement,
and communicates the ASHP experience to a global audience (including association members, prospective members, pharmacy students, pharmacy technicians, state affiliates, and other key stakeholders) through the effective use of online media and social networking
- Collaborates with other ASHP departments and project teams to facilitate the development and coordination of user-generated content, online communities, web-based video, and viral marketing tools according to social media best practices. Develops and implements
social media contests, polls, Twitter chats, Facebook Live events, Instagram stories, and other social media promotional content to enhance member engagement.
- Researches and writes material for use in member communications and social media outreach including marketing campaigns, emails, and other digital communications vehicles. Drafts content for other member communications outlets, including blogs, news stories,
feature stories, and newsletter content.
- Coordinates with marketing colleagues to support the execution of paid digital campaigns, coordinating content, content schedule, and audience optimization.
- Stays current on new media platforms, trends, and industry opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field as well as advanced knowledge of the theories and principles of a relevant field or discipline in advertising, marketing, or public relations.
- Requires a minimum of five years of prior related work experience, preferably in a large professional membership organization.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communications skills with a thorough knowledge of social media best practices.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and ability to interface with the media, industry partners, members, and internal executives with confidence and poise.
- Project management skills, including sound judgment and sense of responsibility in order to function with minimal supervision.
- Note most significant specific skills required (e.g., Microsoft Office, web design, Oracle database, cold calling). Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Hootsuite, Simply Measured, Zoomph.
- Knowledge of Cision, other media monitoring and media publicity services.
- Knowledge of graphic design, production, and content management.
- Basic photography and photo editing skills (e.g.,Photoshop, Canvas).
- Knowledge of video production.
ASHP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, genetic status, pregnancy, parenthood, political affiliation, veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.