The Vice President, Accreditation Services is responsible for directing the daily work operations of ASHP’s Accreditation Services Office, both domestically and internationally. Serves as a member of ASHP’s senior leadership team. Has overall accountability for the delivery of ASHP’s programs and services within the Accreditation Services Office. Directs the execution of the Accreditation Services Office’s strategic and operational initiatives.
ASHP's dedication to our employees and fostering a collaborative work environment has been recognized across multiple years with national awards such as Top Workplaces USA and Best Place to Work by Modern Health Care. We have also been recognized regionally as a Top Workplace by the Washington Post. ASHP is committed to an inclusive culture where all employees feel welcome to express their ideas and contribute in a meaningful way to our mission. To view our benefits visit https://www.ashp.org/-/media/assets/about-ashp/docs/ASHP-Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf.
This position is based in our Bethesda, MD office. Our office has a hybrid working environment, with a combination of onsite and remote work. Please note that ASHP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
What You'll Be Doing at ASHP:
- Participates in the development of ASHP’s strategic plan. Develops annual goals and priorities for the Accreditation Services Office. Directs and monitors the accomplishment of the annual goals and priorities and communicates changes and barriers to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of broad operational policies and procedures for Accredidation Services Office. Keeps abreast of market trends to help ensure ASHP operational policies and procedures reflect best market practices.
- Develops Accreditation Services Office’s annual operating budget projections. Delegates budget accountability to departmental leaders. Responsible for the office’s actual budgetary performance against approved budget targets.
- Responsible for the organization configuration and staffing levels of the Accreditation Services Office. Approves all personnel actions for subordinate employees within the assigned office. Is accountable for career planning and staff development of subordinate employees, including succession planning.
- Leads the exploration and expansion for accreditation programs both domestically and internationally. Develops and implements successful business strategies to grow the number of programs and number of trainees for pharmacy residency and technician training programs.
- Develops and implements sound business plans to generate revenues from ASHP accreditation programs and related services.
- Responsible for leveraging technology to optimize the accreditation process and support effective residency and technician training. Ensures appropriate integration of data about residency and technician training to support ASHP’s membership and business interests, while carefully safeguarding data regarding specific accreditation decisions.
- Prepares reports and recommendations for Board of Directors. Collaborates closely with other ASHP offices and partner organizations to promote and advocate ASHP's policies on accreditation and training to federal, state, licensing bodies, accrediting bodies, and other professional membership organizations.
- Develops sound and consistent procedures for assessment and evaluation of residency and technician training programs requesting accreditation. Ensures quality and consistency of ASHP accreditation programs. Achieves high level of customer loyalty and satisfaction among residency directors, preceptors, residents, and residency applicants.
- Monitors and coordinates ASHP’s relationship with business partners and major contractors.
What You Bring To ASHP:
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy.
- Licensed pharmacist in U.S.
- Ten or more years of leadership role in residency training.
- Proven experience developing and implementing business plans and strategies.
- Exceptional communication skills with significant public speaking experience.
- Excellent analytical, change management, and strategic decision-making skills required.
- Entrepreneurial leadership skills.
- Ability to balance sound advocacy with strategic collaborations and team building.
- Highly effective leadership and management skills required.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of data and data analytics.
- Proven track record in the use of contemporary technology and automation to improve customer satisfaction and streamline operations.
ASHP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, family status, genetic information, pregnancy, parenthood, political affiliation, veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. In addition, ASHP is an E Verify employer.
For more information click on the following links:
EEO is the Law Poster
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Rights Poster
Employee Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act Poster
ASHP is an E Verify Employer Poster