ASHP is an award-winning Association with a great mission. ASHP is the collective voice of pharmacists, representing more than 60,000 members. ASHP has recently won awards for being a Top Workplace for our work culture which fosters learning, collaboration, and for being inclusive.
The Sales Support Associate supports the business development/sales team in obtaining and keeping customers by performing various support functions. This position also facilitates a seamless customer experience by providing timely and accurate information to both internal colleagues and customers, and maintains accurate records that support business development and sales processes.
This position will be based onsite in our Bethesda, MD office, and the employee in this role will be working in a hybrid environment, consistent with Association-wide ASHP policies applicable to HQ-based employees. The base salary for this position is $65,000-$75,000. ASHP offers a comprehensive benefits plan. You may view more details regarding our benefits on our careers page.
What You'll Be Doing at ASHP:
- Participate in onboarding clients for purchased products/services; including invoicing, facilitating NDAs/contracts/MOUs, access to given product/services, scheduling meetings, providing instruction on using products and services.
- Creates and maintains sales information sheets, presentations, pricing grids, and other materials utilized by the business development/sales team.
- Documents and maintains customer information and communication in Salesforce and other software supporting the functions of the business development team. Assists in maintenance of accounts, creation and dissemination of reports/dashboards, and documentation of customer interactions/transactions.
- Sets up appointments for and assists with product/service demos, in coordination with sales team.
- Works collaboratively with departments across the organization and externally to assist in resolution of customer concerns.
- Assists in the completion of RFP/RFI and vendor applications.
- Assists with business administrative needs, drafting product news release information and intelligence including budgeting, reporting, and forecasting
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring To ASHP:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Requires minimum of five years of prior related work experience
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle stress and ambiguity
- Effective at engaging others to solve a range of issues
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines simultaneously; demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office required
- Knowledgeable on use of Salesforce and Personify databases preferred but not required
- Project management skills preferred
ASHP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, family status, genetic information, pregnancy, parenthood, political affiliation, veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. In addition, ASHP is an E Verify employer.
For more information click on the following links:
EEO - Know Your Rights
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Rights Poster
Employee Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act Poster
ASHP is an E Verify Employer Poster