About ASHP - Do you thrive on innovation and change? Join our collective voice on issues related to medication use and public health. Engage with colleagues in an environment where we value different backgrounds and perspectives of all employees and strongly believe in the principles of inclusion. We are seeking a talented, detail-oriented Communications Specialist to join our dynamic Foundation. As the philanthropic arm of ASHP, the Foundation supports ASHP by advancing the professional practice of pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce by funding research and education that improves health outcomes through optimal, safe and effective medication use. In this important role, you will be a part of an award winning, collaborative, and mission-driven organization. Our generous benefits, competitive wages and meaningful work are what makes ASHP an exciting and rewarding place to be!
- Remote work through July 1, 2021
- Virtual interview process and meetings
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Health and temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Reports to: Director, External Communications
Job Summary: The Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and managing the ASHP Foundation (Foundation) communications that support fundraising and promote Foundation programs, and serves to integrate and support ASHP’s organization-wide communications. The position will create strategic communications plans and related content, including e-newsletter development and distribution, social media, media relations, website updates, event support, and other communications.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and executes multi-channel communications plans to support the Foundation fundraising activities and promote the Foundation’s research, leadership, and awards programs.
- Drafts, edits, and supports the production of communications content, including the Foundation’s monthly member e-newsletter, podcasts, video scripts, advertisement content, speeches, and other communications as needed.
- Maintains the Foundation website and collaborates with the Foundation staff and across the ASHP Marketing, Communications, and Digital team to create new website content as needed.
- Creates and manages social media content calendar and related social media promotions for the Foundation’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Works collaboratively with ASHP social media manager to optimize and support cross channel engagements on ASHP’s social media channels and to track and interpret social media metrics.
- Supports media relations functions for the Foundation and ASHP, including developing media target lists, drafting news releases, talking points, and media pitches.
- Develops and executes communication plan to promote Foundation activities at ASHP meetings, including the Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition, and collaborates on Foundation presence in the ASHP exhibit.
- Manages the development and production of the Foundation’s annual impact report in collaboration with the Foundation staff.
- Prepares reports and presentations demonstrating the impact of the Foundation’s digital engagement efforts, including email communications, fundraising campaigns, website, and social media.
- Maintains a library of case studies, images, and content related to the Foundation’s programs to be used in program promotions and fundraising.
- Partners with ASHP’s creative services team and outside vendors, as needed, to support the development of videos, infographics, brochures, signage, etc., to communicate the Foundation’s and ASHP’s strategic priorities, initiatives, and impact.
- Serves as a key team member responsible for integrating the Foundation and ASHP communications initiatives, ensuring all communications advance the overall strategic vision, priorities, and goals of the organizations.
- Supports other ASHP communications projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience related to communications and marketing.
- Experience in a health-related field or professional association preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills with working knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and tasks and manage, track, and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational and project management skills.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and in keeping team members informed of ongoing projects and any emerging issues or communications opportunities.
- Must be initiative-oriented, a solution seeker, and have the ability to self-start assignments with appropriate direction.
- Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of social media and use of social media analytical tools and earned media monitoring platforms a plus.
- Experience with email marketing automation software a plus.
ASHP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, family status, genetic information, pregnancy, parenthood, political affiliation, veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.